DVV International, in cooperation with the Kosovo Disability Forum (KDF), has started the implementation of the project on "Enhancing the employment of people with disabilities through soft skills training (preparation of CVs, communication with employers, employment vacancies), and supporting their representative organizations in Kosovo".
The objectives of this project are:
· Enhance the knowledge of people with disabilities about soft skills;
· Enhance the capacities of representative organizations of people with disabilities for supported employment and mediation between the latter and companies/businesses and various institutions;
· Raise awareness among businesses and institutions on the importance of employing people with disabilities.
The activities foreseen for the realization of the objectives of this project are:
· Draft and print employment guidelines for persons with disabilities in Kosovo;
· Soft skills training (preparation of CVs, communication with employers, employment vacancies for people with disabilities in the 7 regions of Kosovo);
· Trainings for representative organizations of persons with disabilities for supported employment and mediation;
· Draft brochures/awareness materials on the employment of people with disabilities.
The duration of the project is expected to be 3 months, and will be implemented in the 7 different regions of Kosovo (Prishtina, Ferizaj, Gjakova, Peja, Prizren, Mitrovica, Gjilan).
About 105 people with disabilities from different regions of Kosovo will be direct beneficiaries of this project, while representative organizations of persons with disabilities in Kosovo will raise their capacities for mediation for the employment of persons with disabilities.